Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Off-nights and Threat

I used our weekend of off-nights to get two more levels on my druid, Kaeman, yay 76!

However, whilst on a HoL run (btw...don't run it at 76, you can't hit anything @.@) I was reminded of a smaaaalll but very important thing to remember...threat. Since I'm usually healing, I don't even have my Omen up. Ever. Unless I'm leading the raid and I know there are some crit-happy DPSers. Why? Because I trust my tanks. I know that if someone pulls the MT or OT, or just someone who happens to feel like a decent meatshield will pick up the loose mob. So it doesn't really matter.

Right now, my guild is filled with healers. We have no problem finding any number of healers for anything. We can drag 5-8 into a 25 Naxx, and know that if//when one or two of them have to leave there are always some more on to replace them. I've been building a pretty decent shadow set, and am looking forward to be able to put it into play soon. Hopefully, I'll have some rotations and gear possibilities up in a bit. Even if I don't get to go shadow for some of our main runs (oh please oh please oh please) the druid can slide into some offnight 10 mans, at least. Regardless...threat. Yes. Threat.

Threat is bad. Run away from high amounts of it. Unless you're a tank. If you pull, shame on you! Even you're running with the worst tank you've ever seen, if you pull it's your fault. Bad! /smack! I had gotten so used to not paying attention to anything other than the little bars of health covering my screen that my tunnel-vision as a healer led me to become tunnel-visioned as a DPS. Just because there aren't big spinning flashy things yelling at you to move or stop casting, doesn't mean you shouldn't. Your Omen may not be pinging yet, but it will. And then you might die.

/cry


♥Fae

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry, not a response to this post, remind me and I will come and respond properly. There has been a movement across wow blogs to show your 6th screenshot: http://anticsinazeroth.visser.com.au/blog/ive-been-tagged/

To perpetuate it, post about your screenshot!

Please forgive the blatant non comment :(