Sunday, February 22, 2009

My Sixth Screenshot



By request and to follow suit with the other WoW bloggers here is the sixth screenshot in my WoW folder.

This is me and my now fatty boomchicken rl friend after we both acquired our Frostwolves oh-so-long-ago. I downed a Noggenflogger to make my poor little BE self even tinier, and...I'm not sure what he took to make himself bigger..hmmm.

I introduced him to the game after I had been playing for about half a year all by myself. Bringing friends in definitely made it even more fun. We quested together, farmed enchanting patterns together- jerk totally stole Crusader from me /sob- and eventually began raiding together. You know all of those silly people in PuGs and the occasional guildy that loves to stand in the pretty flashy void zones? We made fun of them. We yelled at them. We blamed our repair bills on them. We made a chat channel and filled it with people who shared a burning hatred for a certain guild member. And it was fun. We stayed on Skype and cursed and hollered when things went poorly yet calmly explained the problems over Vent...because we could. And it was fun. Having someone you actually really and truly know in the guild makes it fun. The wipes faced on progression nights were no longer wipes, they were excuses for more inside jokes, verbal stress relief and, most importantly, ideas that sprung to mind could be bounced back and forth between someone who knows how you think. And these ideas became new strategies, new ways to attempt a boss, just...something different. And it was fun.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's such a fun shot - and how great to have someone like that to share the game with! I want someone crazy fun to do stuff like that with ;)