Saturday, January 24, 2009

A long while back, around the time they introduced to the PTR the CoH and Wild Growth nerf, I made a post called CoH QQ Moar.

Now that the patch has finally been released and these nerfs had actually been put into play, I can smugly smile at myself- for I was right.

We went into 25 Naxx a few days ago and one of the Priest's in the raid said something along the lines of "Ugh, god. I'm so mad they nerfed CoH. I have to completely change how I heal now, I suuuck at raid healing..crycry...QQ..." I almost laughed. Almost. Because at the same time, I was so sad. At the end of the night we had cleared Plague, Arachnid, and Military and stopped because it was getting late for some folks. The WWS was linked, Recount was announced, and I noticed the two other Priest's healing output was waaaaaay below where it usually was. Their boss fight healing was just fine but trash heals were...kinda terrible. I talked to them a bit about it and they said that they just weren't used to not having CoH to rely on for raid damage.

CoH served as a crutch for many a Priest. Once that crutch was taken away, they fell. Depending on how flexible they are, it'll either take a few raids, or many many many raids for them to be able to get back up again.

My advice to those of you suffering through this nerf- watch your raid bars. Know how much your heals do. Use Prayer of Mending every time it's up. Unless you've specced out of it, CoH is still there! You can still use it! Just, not as often. Flash Heal is quick, Prayer of Healing gets you're entire group up. You have tons of options to choose from, you're a Priest! It's kinda....what we do. Jack of all trades...master of... um...er...PoM is a Priest only mechanic, right? Maybe...


♥Fae

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will be lving a priest in the near future, Glad to know I will have learned to not use CoH as a crutch and won't have such a hard time as people are having now

On n unrealted note it is good to see you back!

Faeris said...

Hehe, thanks. It's glad to be back =]

Anonymous said...

I was one of the lucky priests that never specced into CoH until after Wrath launched and was testing out deep disc and deep holy builds. Since I had never had CoH before, I actually had to try to remember to use it. Since I was so used to it NOT being in my healing rotation, I just specced out and put the point where it would be used.

I too have a friend who used to be in my guild - he had an absolute FIT about the nerf. How it would ruin his healing rotations, he would have to reprogram his mouse buttons, he was speccing disc in protest... it was ridiculous.